In an emergency
Make sure you know what to do if your alarm goes off or how to spot signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.
If your alarm goes off or you spot other signs of Carbon Monoxide:
If you feel unwell
If someone is seriously ill from carbon monoxide poisoning it is vital that they are removed immediately from the contaminated area, placed into the open air and given pure oxygen, if available. Victims should be kept at rest, avoiding exertion. You need to call for medical help urgently.
If you receive medical attention, be sure to state that you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning to make sure you receive appropriate treatment, such as a breath or blood test.
If fire breaks out or victims need to be rescued from a property call 999 for the fire brigade.